Monday, February 28, 2011

Information Architecture: Starting the Info-graphics

So last class period, we began by organizing out collections on a series of index cards. The placement of these index cards in relation to each other revealed different cataloguing methods and helped us sort information of each item into categories for our website info-graphics.

Here are a few of the cameras in my collection. I will be receiving more shortly and will post those photos of the expanded collection at a later date.


























Here are my initial sketches and brain storming lists.





















For my main 3 cataloguing methods I am going to sort the cameras by their:

1. Camera Type
2. Monetary Value
3. Condition

My info-graphics so far include:

1. Number of steps to take a photograph
2. Camera Viewfinders
3. Monetary Value: Ebay Vs. Amazon
4. Film Formats
5. Bellows Camera Parts
6. Image Size
7. Location of Manufacture
8. Size and Weight
9. Time of Manufacture

1 comment:

Followers