Monday, August 24, 2009

A jump off the high dive.

Well the first day of my Sophomore year has passed, and although tense and a tad stressful, there's a lot to learn, and I feel like I have some growing room.  Until I need to be repotted into a larger place when I graduate, I'll feel at home here.

At a bit of a run however, the first bomb has been dropped and I'll be working on it tonight.  The assignment is a large format Typography project, where I'll be utilizing the letter U in a multitude of abstract and concrete forms.  I plan on using pencil and ruler to lay out the basics and probably explore negative space in the form of shapes.  Can't wait to see what my piers come up with as I'm sure I'll pull from them in many ways.  Maybe I'll post pictures of my sketches before the finished products, assuming my supply hunting doesn't take too long.

It's a shame the ID room is closed at 3 p.m. though....  I'll have to get my cold snow things tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers