Sunday, November 8, 2009

CDF: Update 11\8\09

These color excersizes have been difficult, but I can't stress the importance enough of learning the relationships between the hues. I do still have a lot of conceptual ground to make up in the world of chroma, but I know it'll be worth the efforts when we begin later projects.  While going out of the design building the other day, I noticed an upper classman's work on a nearby table. This work had simple geometric forms, but you could tell the focus was on color grouping. Despite how flat these forms might appear normally, the color choices they made really made them pop off the page and move into dimensionality.  I envy them for that assignment, but I'll just have to be patient.

On the other side of things, the color book is going amazingly.  What assignment could be better than finding color in things I love? It makes the time fly by, and it's a blast at the same time.  Though when I'm going through these antique's and oddities, I truly have to keep a tight hold on my wallet. There are some great buys out there.  But I was thinking on my last trek how odd it is that people tend to naturally put colors together.  Yellow objects are usually with yellow ones, warm and cold colors, etc.  I wonder what it is that makes people do this... I realize that  some of the booths did this on purpose to attract customers, but I could certainly tell that some of this was unplanned.  I'm excited to check out other places and get even more shots. I figure my photo count at this point is over 50. The trick is in the selectivity I guess.

I don't have any documentation of my recent studies in Albers and Munsell yet, but I do have a few inspirational pieces that are full of color to share!

The top two are a great arrangement of package design. They definitely work well together in the retail environment.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers