Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Image Making After-Crit

So here was my image after tiling it to be 24x36 inches in size.

















 After crit was over with, I've been left with work to do on lighting composition.  I'll be printing the quote on actual 120 film in the final image so that the film markings will be there as well.  I think the projection would be more noticeable as a projection if it was bent around a corner or around the objects. So on the final shoot I'll have to see about projection over different surfaces.  And this gets me to my main change for the final image.  I've grown a bit board with my simple black drop cloth after seeing my peers with cabinets and other interesting scenes that they constructed. So I think, to continue with my theme of light, that I'll try shooting on mirrors and with mirrors as my backgrounds.  Should reflect the light and projections in interesting ways, and I'm sure it'll make for an interesting composition with the reflections of the objects.

Working with mirrors is apparently difficult in photography, but can yield interesting affects. I was thinking how much these ecletic collections of items look like those old "I Spy" pages from the books when I was a kid.  Very much set up photography, and one in particular really helped trick the mind.


http://www.walterwick.com/ispy_funhouse_bts.htm

This was an interesting perspective into just how mirrors can be used to replicate objects and open space.  Hopefully I use similar techniques in my final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers