Friday, October 9, 2009

VisCom: In Class Group Critique

The group brought the following to my attention for improvements on my line studies:



Escalator Juxtaposition
-  Align Image and Line Study:  I'll go back and retake the escalator image to get a more head on shot.


Staple Juxtaposition
-  Mess around with the justification.  Down, up, left, right?:   I'll make some more iterations.

Tabletop Juxtaposition
-  Remove the black corner in the line study, and smooth out the lines:   Already done with hand drawn corrections.  When vectorized, the problem will be gone.

Farmer's Market Buildings Juxtaposition
-  Might try cropping both line study and image to clip out the sky:  I'll do some zooming and maybe mess with hand drawn editing.  Might try to mirror the skyline rather than omitting it.
-  Maybe try a different line study:  I'll check my projections collection and see if any of the diagonal's match up well with the image.

Stairs Juxtaposition
-  Add some smaller white lines in the line composition to match up with the stairs:  Might attempt this with the hand drawn line compositions.
-OR raise the contrast in the image:   I'll probably opt for this option since I wouldn't be editing the line study, and the tonal qualities might match more seamlessly.


Window Juxtaposition
-   Increase visual interest in the composition:  I think they work well the way they are, but I think I might mess with contrast in the image.

 Brick Road Juxtaposition
-  Maybe use a line study with more verticals?:  I'll make a combined line study by simply rotating the lines vertically to keep the same tones.  But I rather like the vertical to horizontal composition.

Train Track Juxtaposition
 -  Align the image with the line study better:  I might mess with the size of the image and see what happens with the alignment.

Sign Light Bulb Juxtaposition
-  Find a better matching line study:  I'll browse through my collection to see if I can't match the light bulbs exactly through use of cropping.

Rounded Rooftop Juxtaposition
-  Find a different line study:   I'll try and crop in on a different area of the chosen line study to better follow the curves of the rooftop image.


Piano Juxtaposition
-Leave as is, unless you want the white and black fields to match up exactly:   I think I'll leave it how it is for now, might change it later, or mess with it in hand drawn versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers