Friday, October 23, 2009

VisCom: Scher Video Response

This video brought to my attention just how much we are affected by our surroundings.  The small things around us are really what shape us, and influence our creative decision making.  However, I believe that the exact opposite can be just as true.  I grew up in a smaller town that is growing due to the strong presence of corporations.  There wasn't much around and it was rather dull for a kid, so I turned to the big cities, and their modern and bustling atmosphere.  Living in Kansas City now, enforces these inspirations, as I have access to the real deal.  Photography and other live actions are possible, though the grass is always greener somewhere else.  I hope to develop my own artistic persona and to reflect upon my settings and way of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers