Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Narrative: The combination

So following the film canister project, and the history of lomography audio project, I've been tasked with combining these 2 media. This is certainly a learning experience in taking an existing project and reinventing it in a different format to work well with another existing project.

Now my dilemma is that I have text and audio, and they are both on different subjects. Can the human brain sift through 2 different channels of information and not become completely lost and thrown off?

So I'm taking the text from the film canister and taking the text into flash, where I can pair it with the audio. I'm hoping that by creating pauses in each of the 2 channels for the other to exist, alternating the channels if you will, that the confusion won't occur. Once the project is finished, I'll upload the flash file. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers