Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Type3: The type mailer

So in this new project for type3, we have to choose 2 existing typefaces that play well together, and create a type mailer that would hypothetically sell these to graphic designers. The mailer is a folded poster that would be placed in mailboxes and alert the designers to a new typeface or typefaces that they should buy.

So I chose Univers and Meridien, both typefaces designed by Adrien Frutiger. They are both highly adaptable, and similar in form while still contrasting in their little details.

So this is what I have so far for the poster side. I'll be printing it today to see where my folds hit, and that might change where I place my text. Can't have a fold running through paragraphs of type.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers