Sunday, October 3, 2010

Narrative: Project 5

This is my final file for the project 5 turn in (formerly refereed to as "the combination".)

Narrative: The combination from Brandon Lyon on Vimeo.

By printing out the text and recording it digitally, I was able to create transitions that give space between the elements of text and audio. I was originally afraid that both elements couldn't run at the same time, however, with these new little breaks created by the fades and focusing, I found that my brain at least, could take them both in at the video's pace. I originally had the text filmed straight on, but I enjoy the angled recording I did later. It makes it a little more dynamic, and it shows bits of the other slides. Since I wanted the printed text to relate to the linear strip of film, showing the other text brings simultaneity and foreshadowing of the next slide of text.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers