Saturday, September 26, 2009

CDF: Vectors and Page Layout

Well the Wall Graphic Book has been put to rest in Terri's class.  Overall a very helpful assignment, considering my use of pen tools and knowledge of commands was minimal.  So I've learned a ton.  Centering things on the page, proper title management, and even an advanced study on the orthographic and obliques.  Definitely revisiting my drafting and design days.  As a field though, industrial design will remain a possibility in the back of my mind.  Not a bad direction to go.  

Being in Tom Lewis's foundation studio my freshman year, the journey from 2D image to 3D form was a constant and unyielding drone all year long.  But it was a necessary evil that when I look back on it, was a very rewarding experience.  The use of CDF's craft skills and hand drawing techniques was a nice breath of fresh air, since most of Tom's work was digitally based, centering mostly around photography.  Definitely looking forward to the 3D letter form and Color study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers