Saturday, September 26, 2009

VisCom & Type: Dot Book Documentation

Although it's a bit late, I figured I should still upload the documentation for the Dot book assignment.  I don't have photos of the ending product, but I'll get those up as soon as I can.


The Mind Mapping process in the beginning.  Always a favorite way to get ideas in my oppinion since it lets me think and draw how my brain does;  in this case, through iconography. 


Creating the basic dot layouts, specific to their words.  (Word list is in an earlier post.)  Found imagery as well.

Beginning the Type layouts, and the cutting/xeroxing process.



The battlemaps from a book I found at half priced books served as both a graphic element, and a vehicle for the books concept.  The title of which finalized as "Expand and Conquer."  The Red line graphic on these pages was continued on the front cover, and will be shown in the finalized project images I'll download later.

Found some Olive green paper from Creative to use as a back for all my pages.  Have the maps on the front and back of the pages would have been to overwhelming for the viewers.  I think it complimented the creamy tone of the maps quite well.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear how the mindmap works in your own process. Here is a great opportunity to show a few more images of your mind map, particularly since you did uniquely incorporate the use of symbols and icons.

    Be sure the images you upload are in focus and with good lighting (or color correct in photoshop).

    The image example and description about the map is a good explanation of why you chose this material for your background. Continue to make mid-process posts just like this, but earlier (when they happen) and throughout a project, rather than at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Followers